M A Y F A V O U R I T E S

This is my first time writing a post like this but I thought it would be a good way to get into doing more blog posts and about the kinda things I want to post about. I've never really laid out what I want to do on here so hopefully this gives more a feel for it! I'm planning to use this space to post about clothes, beauty products, travel, books and fooooood (both recipes and restaurants). These are my favourites for the past month...plus two unfavourites, which I always think are possibly more helpful ;). Please leave some comments/feedback (don't be shy - even if you found through boredom stalking my insta/fb ahah- would love to know what you think :))  

S K I N C A R E
No.7. Beautiful Skin Day Cream £13.50ea. - usually on offer 3 for 2 HERE
I've been looking for a new moisturiser as I was really not digging the Simple Rich Hydrating Moisturiser - it didn't work for me AT ALL and it just didn't really sink in or seem to do anything. I have combination skin - more oily than dry so was looking for something hydrating for overnight and a little lighter and dryer in the day. My mumma (babe) picked up these two from No7 for me, the 'Beautiful Skin' day creams in normal/oily and normal/dry. They're hypoallergenic, SPF 15 and 5* UVA protection which is perf for my pale and fairly sensitive skin. I've been using the normal/oily under make up during the day, I usually apply it and then allow it to sink it. It's very slightly mattifying, works perfectly under make up and has that really nice tightening feel. At night I've been using the normal/dry cream which is a more rich moisturiser and leaves my skin really fresh and soft. They're very lightly scented but nothing offensive! My only problem has been that I can't use it anywhere near my left eye hahah (the right one is fine), because it irritates it for some reason...but I just avoid going above my left cheekbone and its fine! 

M A K E  U P

 Rimmel Match Perfection 103 Ivory £6.99 HERE
This is actually an old favourite which I've come back to after betraying it for a foundation you'll see below in my unfaves! I love this foundation because it has sheer but buildable coverage, it has a light and fresh scent, SPF 15 and just works perfectly for my skin. I like the a dewy, natural finish and I don't use powder on top and I can't say this does anything to stop skin getting oily by the end of the day...but I much prefer a natural finish than matte and this just works perfectly for me. It also doesn't transfer onto clothes (BIG PLUSSSSSS)...unless of course you intentionally rub your face onto something.

Collection Fast Stroke Eyeliner in Black £2.99 HERE
This eyeliner is perfect. Doesn't smudge, lasts forever both on your face and in the bottle. Cheap as chips. *Cheaper than chips. 
OPI MOD-ERN GIRL £7.99 - in stores/salons
I'm not the best at colour description especially when it comes to red/orange/pink...apparently my perception is not the best...but I love this colour cause in my eyes it perfectly eliminates the problem of wanting to wear red and pink alternately without having to repaint your nails. Also really nice with any skin tone and doesn't chip even though I never use top/bottom coat. I haven't linked the OPI site as the picture looks nothing like what it looks like in real life. This has been consistently on my nails from about March and there's tons left in the bottle. Loveeeee. 


F A S H I O N


Forever 21 Scoop Neck Dress £10.50 ea. HERE
I had my birthday, my boyfriend's sister's birthday dinner and clubbing all this month, and zero time to go shopping due to exams so wanted to find something reasonably priced and pretty fail-safe online. Ordered this dress in both black and red because I loved both and it was so cheap (they've now added aubergine and olive colours too!). It is a onesize dress and they don't have the model dimensions for some reason. I'm about 5,3/5,4 and the length is about where it comes down to in the picture on the site. I love the ribbed texture and the stretchy fabric is fairly thick and super comfy. Only problem is that it kinda 'ruches' up and you find yourself sliding it down every now and then, also as you can see - the black dress needs some serious lint-rolling! Love the neckline, nice basic dress for going out but have also been wearing it dressed down. More interesting fashion favourite next month now I'm freeeee from uni (for now) haha :) 

R E C I P E
Max and I made Rocky Road...it was delicious, super easy, fairly inexpensive and yeah...we just followed the recipe HERE - we didn't add any raisins or anything and made about 10 starbucks-sized rocky roads ahaha. YUMMMMM but worryingly addictive.

A U D I O/B O O K 
Unfortunately I haven't had much time for reading this month as most of it has been spent revising and then catching up on sleep...However, I just finished up Peter Schneider's Berlin Now (HERE) which is a really interesting, anecdotal history of the city - would recommend if you've been or you're planning to go. However, the hours spent not revising/sleeping have been dominated by listening to P.G. Wodehouse on Audible...I'm obsessed. I'd never read any of the Jeeves and Wooster series before and I was skeptical about how funny they could actually be but....they are aaaaamazing. So funny and so cleverly written. I've listened to (and would recommend) 'The Inimitable Jeeves', 'Right Ho, Jeeves', 'Thank You, Jeeves', 'Stiff Upper Lip, Jeeves' and 'The Code of the Woosters'(all read by Jonathon Cecil). Ahaha quite a fewwwwwwwwww..Not much music, loving a bit of TayTay when working out hahaha. 

M O V I E
Mad Max was amaaaaaaaaaaaaazing! Went to see it with mumma and Max who loved it too. It was so intense hahaha but it was just so good! Would go see it again 100%. If you love action movies you have to see it! As everyone has already said a million times, it's not really about Tom Hardy/Mad Max...but that's where the badassness comes in. The filming and editing are absolutely beautiful, it was all filmed in the Namib Desert which is already amazing without the extra CGI beautification. 3D is nicely done and isn't too much at all. Don't want to give anything away, but to anyone who's already seen it - the guitarist is hilarious, and Rosie Huntington-Whitely is such a random edition but it has to be said she's very good at being beautiful. 

UN-FAVOURITES

 The swatch of this lipstick is exactly the shade I wanted - a kinda light pink with more of a blueish undertone...unfortunately it comes out full on barbie pink and the sheen is just over the top. It's still niceeee but it's not anywhere near perfect. Oh and the packaging is so crappy.
I bought this when I ran out of my Match Perfection and it was also out of stock. Serious error. The shade in the picture is their palest shade and it oxidises as soon as you pump out the first pump. It's a very quick drying formula and settles into smile lines and eyebrow raising lines which you make trying to avoid getting mascara on your eyebrows..you know what I mean. It cakes on dry patches and doesn't blend properly on normal/oilier patches. Not a fan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment