A U T U M N / W I N T E R H A U L (Adidas, Zara, Whistles, H&M)


Writing this with a dead butt after sitting at my desk for forever attempting to learn German vocab... 
I can't fully explain why I haven't posted since May..I go through random cycles of thinking blogging is a good/bad thing to do and I still haven't really decided... for now I'm kinda feeling that I like reading about similar topics and I enjoy writing/talking about these things too...so why not? 
Getting to the point, I've been doing a ridiculous amount of shopping recently! Partly because I'm kind of trying to upgrade my 'basics' and partly because well..I like clothes a bit too much...and shoes. A lot of these things are very cosy and easy pieces.. London weather + 9am lectures = trying to replicate my duvet in a presentable way. Hope you like this post and more coming soon :)

S H O E S
O F F I C E
BLACK IVORY BLOCK HEEL BOOTS
Last year I bought some cheap Zara ankle boots which I wore to death...quite literally. After a month the sole started coming off one, and after a few months the zips broke on both so I thought this winter better to spend a bit more and get some boots that will last! Went into Office and loved these! They're pretty expensive but I got a 30% discount through the Unidays app (occasionally they have this offer but otherwise its usually a 10% discount). They took a bit of wearing in but they're pretty comfortable now, all leather and the heel height is good for stomping around in.



A D I D A S
LOS ANGELES TRAINERS
I also wanted some shoes for lazy rainy days. I absolutely love my white leather converse for everyday but they hate the rain and they're surprisingly difficult to clean so I found these trainers online. They're kinda similar to those Nikes that everyone is wearing, so I'm kidding myself that I've gone for a unique look hahaha! They're almost weirdly lightweight and they are mesh so you can't exactly step in puddles with them but they're super comfy and I basically haven't taken them off since I got them. Adidas usually have 15% discount through Unidays, or for non-students you can get 15% off when you sign up for their mailing list. 



C L O T H E S
So my mumma has been spoiling me soo much so quite a few of these things are from her! She is the number one shopping partner because she has a really good eye and she actually knows what suits me!

W H I S T L E S
TRES BON TEE
Mum and I went to Whistles in St. Pancras and did a little shopppinggg! For the past few years Whistles has really stepped it up and although it's pretty pricey the quality and design of their pieces is really worth it...I'm definitely going to be going back. This tee is perfect with everything and anything and I love the font and wording - Mum approves because the accent is right ;)! It's a little longer at the back so nice to wear with leggings etc. if you mind showing your bum hahaha! It is ridiiiiiiculously soft. Love, love, love. (Also hopefully you can see this in the photos but it's a very, very dark navy blue).





KNITWEAR TANK
This one Mum picked out - see what I mean about a good eye ;). It's a really light and sheer-ish tank in a multi-toned knit - it looks more navy in real life than it does here but could easily be said to be grey too haha :). It's surprisingly warm and a really great autumn piece as so far I've ended up wearing it without a jacket! Love it with grey leggings/black jeans and boots...and a leather jacket and scarf when it gets colder. 


KNITWEAR ROLL NECK TANK
This is probably the most 'badass' piece of clothing I own! Another pick by Mum! Its nice and warm but not going to make you melt when you're inside - sleevelessness helps with that - and it's a really easy piece to put on and make you look put together with minimal effort. The grey is pretty much my perfect colour 'cause I think it goes really well with blonde hair and my pale winter skin hahah. I just got my hair chopped short (excuse the bits of hair on the top in the pics...made the error of wearing it to the hairdresser) but it was looking pretty cool with a hair tuck too ;). Love the asymmetrical hem line and it's also super soft material!    



CREPE TROUSERS (not on the website - should still be in store)
I did work experience in early September and wore some reaaally bad and ill-fitting H&M smart cigarette style pants which just looked...mm yeah..not good. The main issue with them was that they were polyester/cotton material which meant they didn't hold their shape at all! Mum and I found these in Whistles and I loooovee them! The elastic band and drawstring has that kinda sports-luxe vibe hahaha but the tailoring and the crepe fabric mean that they hold their structure and look great and don't crease all day long! Also in love with the side paneling (see second photo)! 



Z A R A
T-SHIRT  DRESS

Zara have this new 'special prices' thing in the Trafaluc and other casual lines which is pretty cooooool. This dress was £12.99, it's pretty good quality fabric - definitely a autumn/winter dress as it is pretty thick - and I love the shape. Perfect with leather jacket, black tights and the office boots.
T U  
JUMPER
Mum and I saw this jumper in Sainsbury's (which is selling the best halloween decorations if anyone is interested - I am in love with these lights and a purple glitter skeleton which unfortunately isn't online) which we both tried on and I ended up getting (think mum was not up for the matchy matchy look although I was all for it!) It is so cosy and comfy and pretty xmassy red which I'm digging. Also very into high necklines at the moment (as you will may have guessed ahah).



H & M
BLUE SHIRT
I have gone off H&M recently because they've kinda been upping their prices without really improving the quality of the pieces. Howeverrrr, their shirts are an exception! They're really comfortable and a really good basic to switch up from t-shirts and camis! Found this blue one and also got 30% off! Sign up to their mailing list because they often send out discount codes there! 


  
GREY SCARF
I wear scarves with everything from September-March and found this one in H&M for only £7.99! Its crazzzzyyy soft, like cashmere soft! It also doubles as a blanket for cold lecture rooms ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment